Alwyn :: 11 Months
As cliche as it is, I really can't believe we're only a month away from his first birthday! This boy is such a sweetheart. His smiles still melt all of us and he's generally pretty happy unless he's tired or teething.
Some other things to note from this month:
- Sleeping... he's still waking up 1 or 2 times per night, but I've just come to accept it. I'm not too tired during the days, so it's clearly not bothering me too much.
- Naps... the 2 hour naps he would only take in his swing are now happening in his crib, finally. But most naps are still about 45 minutes to an hour, two times a day.
- Eating... this boy loves to feed himself, and will eat just about anything. This month he did start to show dislike towards eggs though. He learned the sign for milk, though I'm not 100% sure he knows what it means as he does it randomly. Though with this guy and his love of milk, it may just be that he asks for it that often. ;)
- He loves to dance and sing. His singing is mostly just him saying, "aaaaaaaahhh" in the same soft note, and his dancing is a simple rocking motion while he sits, but it's pretty adorable.
- He learned "touchdown" just in time for football season and both Beau and I swear he has tried to say it too, but it comes out, "duh-duh."
- Loves his big brother, and even though he gets quite mad when Ephram won't share toys or covers him with blankets, he is pretty lost when Ephram is not home or is taking a nap.
- Has 6 teeth! I had a feeling they'd come in quick when his first tooth was out of normal order and I was right. 5 new teeth in one month has made for some cranky days of teething.
- Starting to cruise along furniture a little bit, but doesn't seem too close to walking yet.
He wasn't too excited about taking photos in the chair this month, so most came out like this. But I'm glad we got a couple smiles (and teeth!) in.