ten on tuesday
1.This week’s grocery bill was more than expected. But our work schedules this week allow for Beau, Ephram and I to actually have family dinners together nearly every night. So I found several recipes for us to try out and it lead to a lengthy list of things we needed to stock up on. But I guess paying a bit more and making real, healthy meals compared our usual frozen pizzas and chicken nuggets will be worth it in the end. 2. Last night we made Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry in a Honey Ginger Sauce. And by we, I mean Beau. Someone had to Ephram occupied. Funny thing was that Beau thought he was going to hate it up until the second he tasted it and realized he loved it. Score! I found a recipe that was healthy, relatively easy (though I wasn’t the one cooking so I guess I really shouldn’t be the one to judge that), and everyone liked it! Or at least almost everyone. Ephram has developed something against carrots, and the asparagus apparently wasn’t similar enough to the canned version we give him occasionally. But he loved the chicken and rice!
4. I’ve caught the organization bug. I’ve been really focusing on making a ‘home’ for everything. Beau asks me where his belt, keys, and wallet are about a bazillion times each day? Though he shouldn’t get all the blame since I am often found scrambling around for my own keys, purse, phone as I’m about to head out the door. These need homes. And my goal for the rest of January is to create some pretty, yet functional little spots for these items. Inspired a bit by John and Sherry.
5. I’m a bit embarrassed to say that I have yet to order my 10 Reasons I Love You book for Ephram. Even with the allure of Shutterfly’s discount on photo books, I have yet to finish one page, and therefore I can’t share it yet. One stinkin’ page left. But it’s coming, I promise.
6. If you were a Lost fanatic like I was am, you have to check out Live Long Locke. Erika posted weekly while Lost was airing with her witty analysis of each episode. I was late to the game when it came watching the show but quickly caught up by season 3 and fell in love. Then quickly fell in love with reading Erika’s posts each week as well. Now that the show is over, she’s decided to keep posting, which is making me a little giddy.
7. I think I need to have a little Lost marathon now. Who’s with me?
8. Tomorrow Ephram and I are meeting up with some of our good friends. Caleb, Freddy and Ephram haven’t been all together since long before Christmas. Which is basically comparable to 5 years in baby-time, I swear. No doubt there will be pictures taken.
9. Last Friday, we woke up to a temperature reading of -29 degrees Fahrenheit here. On Saturday, Beau booked us a trip to Florida. Just sayin.
10. I’m crazy excited about #9, just in case that wasn’t completely obvious.