Since Alwyn is closing in on two months, I better jot down a few things about his first month.
- I didn’t weigh him at one month, but he was just under 10 lbs at his 2 week check up and he recently weighed about 13 lbs on the scale at home. Sooo… somewhere in the middle of those two measurements.
– Often would smile when I rubbed his hair. (oh man, I love his hair.) And of course, the drowsy, falling asleep smiles were frequent.
– Ate ever 1.5-2 hours during the day, 1.5-2.5 hours at night, though occasionally would go 3-4 hours for his first stretch of sleep at night.
– A fairly efficient eater too! Only nurses 5-10 minutes usually.
– Did have a handful of inconsolable evenings (the witching hour?) that drove us slightly crazy. Either we’re starting to figure him out or he’s getting older, but I think these have mostly passed. #crossyourfingers
– Sleeps best swaddled in his swing.
– But very hard to get to sleep (lots of rocking, swaying, shooshing, etc.)
– And doesn’t like sleeping past about 4am.
– THE loudest breather. Took a few nights to get used to all the grunting! I forgot how loud babies are when they sleep. At least mine. Ephram was the same way.
– Started tracking us (and other moving objects) with his eyes just before two weeks of age. I think that’s a bit early. He was incredibly aware of his surroundings for a newborn.
– Hates baths. (Are there babies who really do like baths? because mine never do as newborns…)
– Tolerates the car, but only when moving. Stop lights bring on screams.
– Switched to size 1 diapers at just 10 days old.
– I squeezed him into newborn clothes a few times after one month, but he had pretty much grown out of them.
– Loves being held upright, looking over my shoulder.
– Beau insists he looks like me, but I don’t know if I see it just yet. Maybe the eyes. ;)