Project Life 2014: Late July
As you can tell from the title, I veered away from my weekly format for the two spreads I'm sharing today. It all started with a few photos of the boys. I liked the whole series so much and I knew I couldn't pick just one or two to include in a weekly spread. So I decided to dedicate a whole spread to just those photos and I knew I wanted to go big with one. I had the spread pretty well planned out, and then the new Heidi Swapp line of Project Life was announced...
I sheepishly will admit to visiting Michaels 5 times in 4 days, eager to get my hands on this amazing line. I don't usually have to run out immediately and buy something but I already had the photos printed, ready to go, and I was super excited to "scrap" them!
I knew I'd pick up a couple of the value packs, but I wasn't sure what to think about the core kits until I saw them in person. Both are beautiful, but I ended up only purchasing the Favorite Things Core kit since the colors are bolder than the Dreamy Edition. And while there is plenty of pink (a color I don't tend to use a lot of), there's a ton of blue, green, & black - my favorites for Project Life!
Originally, my plan was to experiment with a 12x12 layout using the large 8x12 photo of the boys I had printed. But with a new Project Life kit in hand, I decided to stick to pocket pages. I could have cut up the photo and stuck them into several pockets, but I absolutely wasn't going to settle on cutting through Ephram's face. So instead I made my own custom design with the help of the sewing machine.
Of course, whenever I change it up from using the Design A pocket page, I know there will be a challenge awaiting me with the following spread. So before finalizing the first spread, I started working on the next page to make sure I could find another 8x12 photo to print big. Luckily that July self portrait worked perfectly.
Sewing tip: Starting with a 12x12 page protector, I first sewed from the bottom up to create the bottom 3 pockets. Then I filled these pockets with cards for both sides before sewing across the top of them, to create the large top 8x12 pocket.